Sunday, December 22, 2013

Repurpose...

I can't believe that I forgot about this project! Especially since I look at it EVERY DAY! This was a super easy "redo" that adds a little "unexpected" to my new home.

I knew I wanted to find a small piece of furniture for my the half bath in our new home we were building. So, I bought this little table from a girlfriend who sold her house and was moving away. Perfect size, height, etc. YAY!

I wanted to give it a pop of color, though...Hello, Turquoise! See the process below.


 And, No it is NOT tiger wood, it's a veneer (my sister was really worried that I would be ruining this piece). :)

After a little sanding, making the drawer front unoperable and removing the base of it for plumbing purposes, I added 3 coats of paint and 3 coats of polyurethane and it was ready for the plumber to install.  I found the perfect sized vessel sink and left the hole-drilling up to the plumber.

 Cute, huh???





I did change out the pulls to some glass ones that I found in a local craft store.

I then added some fun glass mosaic tiles for the backsplash, a large mirror above & there it is!

I just love the look of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment